A family-owned company with tradition
In 1948, company founder Josef Uhlmann starts to produce precision molds for the production of suppositories. In doing so, he lays the foundation for development of the company in the field of pharmaceutical packaging. His son Friedrich joins the company in 1963 and progressively forms a machine construction company of international repute out of his father's trade workshop. After the death of her husband in 1994, Hedwig Uhlmann takes the helm as Chairwoman of the Supervisory Board. Under her management reliability and innovation continue to shape the company as it systematically builds on its global success. Tobias Uhlmann – son of Friedrich and Hedwig Uhlmann – becomes Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the Uhlmann Group in 2007. He continues to manage the family-owned company in the third generation. His objective is to strengthen Uhlmann's market leadership and ensure sustainable, long-term development.